शुक्रवार, 11 अक्तूबर 2013

The “Talented” Culprit Since 1992

Someone has well said “People always want to see not the rise of great man but actually the fall”. Agree. Write something against the greatest (most popular) possible person in your book and your book will become a best-seller. So I thought why not fly the kite in the blowing wind.

The sweetest target I found from current affairs is none other than Mr. Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar (My MS word was saying that there were spelling mistakes in the last two word which I have written, don’t worry MS, I have added them in to dictionary). According to me, he is a real culprit. Let me prove that ( Believe me I am very good at that ).

OK, let’s start with Mr. Abdul Qadir, one of the greatest spinners which Pakistan has ever produced. He was the first person to see the demon in the hardly 5ft tall little kid. Curly hair, height little longer than the stump, power in mind and the same name “Power “on the bat, this kid at that time hit 4 sixes in a single over in one of the exhibition match between the two teams. And as the wheel of time rotated, world saw many more victims likes of Mr. Shane Warne, for whom this little kid became the nightmare. We are lucky enough to be born as an Indian otherwise we couldn’t have watched and enjoyed him at the same time.

imageAnother set of people belongs, for whom he is a culprit, are from his home country and more importantly from his own team. Everyone knows about the one time record partnership between two batsmen at the school level. My Mr. Culprit along with his “Jai-Veeru” partner Mr. Vinod G. Kambali, kept on batting even their Guru Mr. Acharekar, a Dronacharya Awardee, kept on asking them to declare the inning. And these two guys never looked at him. The victim is not Mr. Acharekar but Mr. Amol Mazumdar ( the highest run getter in the Ranji Trophy ) was on the bench with pads on. He never became a international player though he made 260* on his debut in first class. Not only Mr. Mazumdar, many more to count. He is a dangerous culprit. Isn’t he??

As per my analysis, the next bunch of victims again the bowlers who indirectly got one of the worst possible hammering from the batsmen likes of Viru Sehwag and UV Singh. These two  claims that they are the biggest fan of the son of Marathi Novelist Mr. Ramesh Tendulkar. Neither me nor Mr. Stuart Broad can forget the evening in “Safari” when he was hit for 6 sixes in a single over of UV. Sachin, who once wanted to be a fast bowler and joined the MRF Pace foundation as well, became the culprit for so many bowlers not only directly but indirectly also in such cases.

My allegation finds next set of evidence from the home country players of this master blaster. There are two ways in which he has harmed. Firstly, because of his status, sometime he praises the bowler from the opponent side and that bowler becomes headache for rest of the Indian team. One such incident I remember when India was playing against Sri Lanka in Australia, after taking a single on the yorker length delivery from “Slinga” Mallinga, when Sachin reached at non-striker end, he praises the bowler for such a nice delivery and next ball, Gauti was bowled out. What a culprit is he? Second way, which is again due to his status, in which he has destroyed the players likes of Rohit Sharma. Some players got the appreciation from Mr. Tendulakar, in the beginning and couldn’t carry out the expectation in future. Hope they will understand how this person has groomed up in the career. I am writing this to prove my point that he is a culprit as I am also a fan Gauti and Rohit…

And finally the victims of this Master act is a complete generation whom people like me and you belong. We have “Utilized” so much of our time in watching Cricket and the reason for that always been HE. If he is playing then to watch him otherwise to watch how India will perform in absence of him. My mom always says, If I wouldn’t have wasted so much time in watching cricket ( As I used to watch complete match, then the news to see how Doordarshan is going to praise him and then again the highlights which used to be broadcasted during late night hours ),I would have become IITian Smile. But whatever I am today, I am lucky enough to be alive in an arena when this master blaster has brutally and ruthlessly has tore the bowling attack of opponents, apart.

Anyway, whatever “Saakshya” (the Sanskrit word for evidence) I have given here to prove him a culprit, I , as  many other cricket followers, worship him. I can stop all my important work to watch him completing 200* against Proteas and can jump over it when Ravi Shastri declares “First man on the planet to reach there and he is superman from India..take a bow master”..

Just because of this “Talented” gem of India, I am dedicatedly watching and following this magical game of cricket since 1992, and he remains a “Culprit “ since then…and if there is any sin related for him being the culprit …. I am ready to take that on my name……

--Devanshu

( Since yesterday I am having a strange feeling, the test cricket, the format which I enjoyed the most how will it be when Sachin will not be there. )

3 टिप्‍पणियां: